Cold System Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold System Role-play is the home for the truly frightening dead space role-play. Bringing true horror to Garry's mod.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Daniel Higgins
Owner
Daniel Higgins

Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. Empty
PostSubject: Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.   Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:30 am

Okay, so far I've been getting a lot of questions about who would know what necromorphs are and etc etc. So I figured I'd make a thread to help you out.

Q: Who would know what Necromorphs are?

A: Nobody. At the current time all Necromorph outbreaks either haven't been reported or haven't been believed. So when you first see the Necromorphs don't act like you're the David Attenborough of the Dead Space Universe. Neither would you be able to identify the weaknesses such as shooting off the limbs unless you found it out IC'ly. We have a reason for this rule due to me and the staff want this to be a survival horror experience, not another Run and Gun Roleplay.

Q: What about Unitologists?

A: Unitologists you would know about as they were founded in 2215 on Earth. As it is a religion you are able to believe in it at will and as time goes on and things get more stressful in the IC situations you may choose to be a zealot for the religion. However, what I don't want to happen is everyone suddenly turning zealot and killing everyone on the ship, to enforce this rule if you are wanting to go zealot for the Unitologists please make sure to speak to me first, this is only so that everyone doesn't go mass killing spree all of a sudden.

Q: What about weapons and how will they be regulated?

A: Weapons will be regulated, especially projectile weapons due to we want people to think of creative ways to either defend themselves or escape the Necromorphs. Even if you are a security/SCAF your ammo will become more and more limited as time goes on, meaning you'll have to think of more and more creative and less conventional weaponry to keep yourself alive such as lead pipes and other  weapons like that. if you don't have a weapon you'll need to scavenge from the dead or run. Scavenging will be tricky outside of the survivor area due to the amount of Necromorphs on the ship, so effectively your risking your character to a PK if you decide to do so.

Q: Who/what will be playing the Necromorphs?

A: Multiple discussions have come up about this and as a staff we're still deciding. We'll inform you as it comes up. Also just to let you know that we won't have any sudden lol hiveminds or moons. Otherwise it'll be a little too Overpowered in my opinion.

Q: How will the story work?

A: The whole plot is humanity's fight for survival against the Necromorph outbreaks and those who support it (Like the Unitologists.) But branched off of that is different periods of time where each 'episode' takes place. For example the first story is where the UCF Singularity finds a marker on the surface of Trikus IV and soon later the SCAF get involved. The next may be actually based on the USG Ishimura during the mass Necromorph outbreaks there as groups of survivors try and stay alive. I feel It gives the players a chance to experince something new each episode and to make it seem that there is always a new story to tell instead of being stuck on a map for two years.

[More will be added as they come up. This is just so that everyone knows.]

Last edited by Daniel Higgins on Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razor47

Razor47

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.   Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:43 am

Question: Will the SCAF or Security have access to Stasis Modules and Telekinesis?
Back to top Go down
Daniel Higgins
Owner
Daniel Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.   Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:50 am

Razor47 wrote:
Question: Will the SCAF or Security have access to Stasis Modules and Telekinesis?

Engineers and Technicians will to help repair and hack into equipment, other soldiers won't.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

Revolution

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.   Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 12:51 pm

Will SCRt be the ones releasing information about the aliens slowly? As they would be (I assume) cutting Necromorphs up and other tests...
Back to top Go down
Daniel Higgins
Owner
Daniel Higgins

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.   Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Most likely, They'd be doing Autopsys etc etc if they can get a specimen, as well as studying a live one...Which could go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.   Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe. Empty

Back to top Go down

Guidelines on how to Roleplay in the Dead Space Universe.
Page 1 of 1