Cold System Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cold System Role-play is the home for the truly frightening dead space role-play. Bringing true horror to Garry's mod.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Lonesome Road

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jericho
Super Admin
Jericho

A Lonesome Road Empty
PostSubject: A Lonesome Road   A Lonesome Road EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:33 am

A Lonesome Road 1IOLkf6

-It was never about Living or Dying. It was about how you Live and Die.-

A Lonesome Road UScHxcz

My name is Jack Alexander Steel. It’s January 12th, the year is 2283. The weather is getting colder and colder, I normally can’t feel my toes. Due to the mass amounts of heavy snow the family can’t earn it’s living just as well as it would in the summer, the crops are dying off, withering away, but we’ve saved enough for this winter, so we can get back on our feet once the weather gets better.
We just sit tight, covered in warm blankets, getting through this cold winter. My father seems to be getting into a constant mood lately… as if he’s angered by something, but I’d rather not know… I don’t want this winter to become any worse of a situation than it already is.
There has been a lot of speak about the constant blabber regarding the world’s welfare… politics babbling… constant riots and unemployed people simply looking for work, it just sounds to be getting worse by the day… last week, thirty-four people were killed in a capital riot, and all about trying to get their fair share of money and that supplies were becoming scarce, talk about the world becoming extremely famished and talk about it all being out survival, it was more sounding like a fight against the rich and the poor, the ones who hold nothing and the ones who hold all… but I was young, to me, it all sounded like a right clusterfuck, but it didn’t affect me, we were doing fine, we could grow our own food, our farm was far away from anyone’s reach, and well blocked off from the outside world.

Two months forward, things were quieting down, the weather became better, we started to grow what we needed to, everyone chipping in to help, its not like we had a choice, there was nothing else to do anyway, maybe listen to the radio and hear someone speak of extinction of man kind… sounded like a load of crap to me, but maybe those madmen were right? Father always spoke about that we’ve survived this long, and we’d always come up with a solution, but I could see it through his expressions, he really didn’t have a clue, he seemed to become more petrified by the day, he took long stares sitting on his armchair on the porch, his hands gripped tightly on the barrel of his shotgun, like he wasn’t sure if we’d be safe or not. But I had to act like I thought everything was perfectly fine, I didn’t want to bring it up at all. But he was just doing what anyone in his position would. Alexis wouldn’t speak as much as she normally would, there was always this shy-personality within her, she’d tune the radio, and listen to it for hours, whenever she actually had a break from farm-work, or knitting clothes. It was about that age where any teenager would start to question their meaning, and what they’re actually going to do with their life… I suppose I kind of avoided those decisions, for all I knew I’d be stuck on this farm for most of my life, or take it over in in-heritance, but who knew what the future would have it store for me…

A Lonesome Road ObKbCkK

The floor was stone cold, entailed with damp sewage water... I was slumped over, hurled into a ball in a corner, shivering from the cold breeze finding itself into the sewage tunnels. I turned my head, peering at the last remainders of food that I had for myself, closing my eyes tightly in shame and deep depression. I leant myself onto the wall, my eyes closed, cursing to myself of the past incident with my father… the man had gone insane, over-protective… you could say, he’d let us do all the work, just stare out into the wastes and not blink once when a second came by, all I did was question him, for all this was were madness, hitting me across the face, he sent me away, with merely anything to go by, but my worn clothes, a leather backpack which was pretty much on its final days and a lonesome road, now this was the time when I questioned myself on what I was going to do with my future, now was that time. I was scared to enter the world out there… hearing everything on the radio, the madness, the havoc being caused, talk about a new solution, sending to the stars they said. All I could do was head for the nearest town, and here is what it leads me to, a sewage tunnel.

I did worry about my family, even my father, the man had gone crazy, but for some reason I felt sorrier for him than a dying hate. He was somewhat mentally ill, in my own opinion, he just felt un-safe with everything, I mean… who wouldn’t?
Days past by when I had barely anything to eat, there was no solution… scavenging was useless, everyone was at the same stage, and remember they’re bigger than me, I don’t see what a teenager can do against a fully-grown man.

It was a Wednesday, I actually bothered to leave the tunnel, I had to, no other choice but die from starvation, so there I was, looking around, paranoid to the brim, the street was rather quiet… which was odd. Until a group, of around four, happened to be walking my way, for some stupid reason I decided to stand still, it was either I won, or I lose, they help me, or I get murdered brutally, either way. They were all masked, which was odd, it was only till they were rather close I realized they had handguns inside waist-holsters, who were these people?
They simply handed me a mask, just like theirs, with one simple line of speech said to me. “You help, or you end up like everyone else.” It was a decision.. I had to finally make, something vital, maybe I was dumb to say yes? But what would I do if I said no? Get killed? End up back in the tunnel? This seemed more of a opportunity, to finally get somewhere…
A Lonesome Road QLJA1TO

We stopped by a a corner-shop, there was two people in there, one stacking, one by the till, two of the guys just rushed in, raising their weapons and aiming them at the two, I was rather shocked, biting my nails as I waited, the other two outside putting watch on me and any sign of the police. I turned back, to look, as suddenly I heard four gunshots, one of them had shot the worker four times, all I could see was blood splattered over the walls, I was merely blinking in shock and sweating, there was no chance to run, the lookouts had close eye on me. As they left the store, they ran down an alley-way, taking me with them, handing out a variety of different supplies, food, water, etc. Suprisingly giving me some of it, one of them, well.. it appeared he was the one that shot the man since he was slightly covered in crimson-blood, gave me a wink, merely thanking me before running off with the rest of his group, I had enough to survive another week, but, I didn’t know if I could handle it, as I looked at the supplies given to me, I slightly smiled… Maybe I am better off this way?

(Last chapter will be done later on!)
Back to top Go down
BritishGuy
Respected

A Lonesome Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lonesome Road   A Lonesome Road EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:35 am

Omg, this is...this mademe cry...it may be because i just took shrooms, and drank vodka...but im crying...man this is touching...i...i want to hug you.
Back to top Go down
Revolution

Revolution

A Lonesome Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lonesome Road   A Lonesome Road EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:47 am

I like this... but the posing is ehhh. But I can talk. Lol

Hope you add more Very Happy

+REP lulz loyo gaws
Back to top Go down
Miranda Porter

Miranda Porter

A Lonesome Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lonesome Road   A Lonesome Road EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:58 am

Wow...That was...just, awesome! Please add more! :3
Back to top Go down
Dr. Pealz
Operator
Dr. Pealz

A Lonesome Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lonesome Road   A Lonesome Road EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 am

9/10. I had to take away one point because the last image didn't contain someone looking drunk.

But seriously, that's good stuff. Hopin' to see more. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Lonesome Road Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Lonesome Road   A Lonesome Road Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lonesome Road
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cold System Roleplay :: Dead Space Roleplay :: Character Backstories-
Jump to: